Sunday, July 23, 2006

A Light Day of Pokering

I hd my 1st long good sleep in a week yesterday. I slept for about 15hrs and awoke to eat a big breakfast. After completing the triple S, I taxied over to The RIos to see which trees were a blowing.

After wandering about for 30mins, railing Squelch (who had a decent stack in the $5K PLHE event) I ran into Jen and Snoopy and we decided to have a fun, Single Table Sat go. LOL Either we aren't that good or the cards were well against us. I finished 10th, Jen finished 9th, and Snoopy finished 8th. The good news is that I won the Last Shorter Bet...MUHAHA

We then proceeded to have a bit of a laugh about outside in the beer/smoking garden with Brummie, Simon Nowab. After a 1 hour STS we formulated a plan to attack The Horseshoe 2AM $110 tourney.

My tourney was rather uneventful and I made my exit when I jammed my A10sooted into KK in a blinds battle. Jen went on to a 3 way chop . WOO HOO Jen. Go get em!

Whilst waiting for Jen to complete her tournament domination, Snoops and I engaged in a bit of smash ($1-$2 NLHE). Snoops leveled and I took about $400 profit away.

All in all, a quiet, but fun and profitable day.

2 Comments:

At July 24, 2006 8:38 AM, Blogger David Young said...

Ron,

what is the action like at the Horseshoe now?

David Y

 
At July 24, 2006 7:56 PM, Blogger MadYank said...

The "Shoe" poker room seems to have sam action as they used to during "Off WSOP" time.

IOW they have about 5-7 cash games going at night, with 2 of them being $1-$2NLHE and the other 5 being some small limit HE.

The weekend tournaments seem to draw around 50-60 runners with the midweek ones getting about 30 runners.

The one significant distinguishing feature of their action is hat their $1-$2 NLHE game is UNCAPPED!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home