Sunday, October 08, 2006

Something Pokerish?

After a long road of rather mundane pokering I finally final tabled in a tourney again.

$2K for a chop in the $30 Deepstack NLHE on Pokerstars.

10 Hours to get there. If we hadnt made a deal, I imagine it might have gone anther 2-3hrs.

The structures in these is brilliant in that it allows a tremendous amount of patient play. The early stages still have a lot of players who eject themselves by verplaying marginal hands into monsters but hey, there is profit to be made in them there nutters.

My normal formula is to to call small and then snap up HUGE pots from these players with clearly limited deepstack experience. This, ideally, leads to a very comfortable stack by the end of the 2nd hour allowing absolute patience and much play.

The major drawback is, of course, they take a looooooooooong, loooooooooooooooong, time and it can be frustating to bubble after 6 hours play.

OK then. I'm off to rest. I Imagine I may play the Stars $215 today. I have a feeling that $140K score is heading my way today :P

1 Comments:

At October 08, 2006 5:25 PM, Blogger Fred Titmus said...

Two Hundred Million Dollars Plus, cain't not buy you no rings, no sir.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home